- The Agroecology and Sustainable Agriculture program resides within the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois. Please consider supporting the ASAP Scholars Fund
S M T W T F S 1 2Events on December 2, 2014
- Webinar: IPM in Crucifer Crops: Focus on the Yellowmargined Leaf BeetleStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 2, 2014 - 2:00 pm
- Webinar: Finding and Keeping TalentStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: December 2, 2014 - 3:00 pm
- Webinar: Organic and Sustainable Agriculture Series - Nutrient Budgeting: Organic Considerations for Implementing Conservation Practice Standard 590Starts: 2:00 pmEnds: December 2, 2014 - 3:00 pm
- Farm Transition/Succession RoundtableStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: December 2, 2014 - 8:00 pm
- Farmland Transition RoundtableStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: December 2, 2014 - 8:00 pmMore details...
3Events on December 3, 2014
The National Young Farmers Conference
- Basic Horticulture Production and Wine TastingStarts: 8:30 amEnds: December 3, 2014 - 3:00 pm
- Saving Seeds and Growing Community: Starting a Seed LibraryStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: December 3, 2014 - 7:00 pmMore details...
- Saving Seeds and Growing Community: Starting a Seed LibraryStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: December 3, 2014 - 7:00 pm
- Triton Beer Dinner at Driftwood Cocktail and EateryStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: December 3, 2014 - 8:00 pmMore details...
4Events on December 4, 2014
The National Young Farmers Conference
- 2014 Acres U.S.A. ConferenceStarts: 12:00 amEnds: December 8, 2014 - 12:00 am
- Good Agricultural Practices WorkshopStarts: 8:30 amEnds: December 4, 2014 - 4:00 pm
- “Sustainability Planning and Climate Change Considerations”Starts: 12:00 pmEnds: December 4, 2014 - 1:00 pm
- Webinar: Webinar by eOrganic Organic Agriculture November 03, 2014|Print Join eOrganic for a webinar on considerations for introducing radishes into the organic pasture by Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Fay Benson and Liz Burrichter. The webinar will take place on Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 11 AM Pacific Time, 12 PM Mountain, 1 PM Central, 2 PM Eastern Time. The webinar is free and open to the public, and advance registration is required. Register now at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/788501931974263553 About the Webinar Radishes can provide two benefits to the organic dairy pasture: 1) to extend the grazing season with a high energy feedstock, and 2) to provide “bio-drills” by utilizing the tap roots of these plants to address soil compaction. In this webinar, Fay Benson and Liz Burrichter will describe their on-farm research with brassicas, including no-till seeding Daikon Radish into grazing swards. About the Presenter Fay Benson is the project manager of New York's Organic Dairy IniStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 4, 2014 - 2:00 pm
5Events on December 5, 2014
The National Young Farmers Conference
- Friday 15: Heidi Demars, BisMan Food CoopStarts: 11:15 amEnds: December 5, 2014 - 11:45 am
6Events on December 6, 2014
- Eat Local Buy Illinois Products DayStarts: 12:00 amEnds: December 7, 2014 - 12:00 amMore details...
- Putting Small Acres to Work WorkshopStarts: 8:00 amEnds: December 6, 2014 - 4:00 pmMore details...
- Putting Small Acres to Work WorkshopStarts: 8:30 amEnds: December 6, 2014 - 2:00 pm
- Putting Small Acres to Work WorkshopStarts: 9:00 amEnds: December 6, 2014 - 4:00 pm
- Winter Holiday and Solstice Dinner at Prairie Fruits Farm and CreameryStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: December 6, 2014 - 8:00 pmMore details...
7 8 9Events on December 9, 2014
The Last Food Mile Conference
- Beef Cow-Calf Field Day and Research Project UpdateStarts: 10:00 amEnds: December 9, 2014 - 12:30 pm
- Cover Crop WorkshopStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: December 9, 2014 - 5:00 pm
- Put Your CSA on Strong Legal Footing WebinarStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: December 9, 2014 - 1:00 pmMore details...
- Webinar: Permaculture on Organic Farms: The State of PlayStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 9, 2014 - 2:00 pm
- Webinar: Put Your CSA On Strong Legal FootingStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: December 9, 2014 - 3:30 pm
10 11Events on December 11, 2014
- Cost of Quality WorkshopStarts: 9:00 amEnds: December 11, 2014 - 11:00 am
12Events on December 12, 2014
- Creating Economic Development through Local Food Systems WorkshopStarts: 9:00 amEnds: December 12, 2014 - 4:00 pm
- Webinar: Forest Botanicals: Deep and Tangled RootsStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 12, 2014 - 2:00 pm
- Augie's Front BurnerStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: December 12, 2014 - 9:30 pmMore details...
13 14 15 16Events on December 16, 2014
- CONSERVATION TILLAGE CONFERENCEStarts: 12:00 amEnds: December 18, 2014 - 12:00 am
- Webinar: A Certified Organic Winter Nursery for Corn BreedingStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 16, 2014 - 2:00 pm
- Webinar: Haney & PLFA Soil Tests: What, How? Why?Starts: 7:00 pmEnds: December 16, 2014 - 8:30 pm
17 18Events on December 18, 2014
- Webinar: How to Use Fruit and Vegetable Market NewsStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 18, 2014 - 2:00 pm
- Webinar: Learning from Our Observations of Pastures & Livestock: Preventing Pasture Problems on the Organic DairyStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 18, 2014 - 2:00 pm
19 20Events on December 20, 2014
- Holiday Farmers MarketStarts: 9:00 amEnds: December 21, 2014 - 1:00 amMore details...
21 22 23Events on December 23, 2014
- Webinar: Direct-Marketing Grain-Finished BeefStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: December 23, 2014 - 8:30 pm
24Events on December 24, 2014
- Augie's Front Burner Christmas Eve Candlelight DinnerStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: December 24, 2014 - 7:00 pmMore details...
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- ASAP Projects
- Book List
- Local Foods
Category Archives: Jobs
Three possible jobs with the Xerces society, including a position in integrated pest management. Director of Finance and Operations The Xerces Society is seeking an inspired leader to manage day-to-day operations while providing strategic planning in areas of finance, human … Continue reading
Position Description The Department of Plant and Soil Sciences at Oklahoma State University is seeking applicants for an 11-month, tenure-track, 75% extension and 25% research position to lead in planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs to meet the needs of … Continue reading
Native Seeds/SEARCH (NS/S) is seeking a new Executive Director to lead the 30-year old nonprofit conservation organization into its next phase. Please download the E.D. job description (PDF) for additional information. The salary for this position will be in the $60,000–70,000 range. … Continue reading
Sustainable Conservation (located in San Francisco, CA) seeks a strategic, collaborative, and highly organized Managing Director of Programs with a track record of success in leading teams to achieve tangible results. The Managing Director will have significant responsibility within the organization … Continue reading
Position Announcement Title/Status: Manager, Donor Communications Exempt Reports to: Director, Development and Communications Location: Davis, California Position Summary The Manager, Donor Communications is responsible for building and maintaining communications with individual donors. He/she implements approved strategies to meet revenue goals of … Continue reading
Go to http://www.chatham.edu/careers/ to check available position for Farm Assistant On-line applications must be received by August 1, 2014
The Savanna Institute (SI) invites applications for an Executive Director. We seek applicants who share our passion for restorative and resilient agricultural practices. The Savanna Institute is a recently established Urbana, Illinois-based organization currently seeking 501(c)(3) status. The Executive Director … Continue reading
The Michigan State University Center for Regional Food Systems is accepting applications for an Academic Specialist for Communications & Outreach. This position will support outreach efforts to communicate CRFS project results via web, social media, publications, presentations, news releases, etc. The … Continue reading
Illinois Organic Growers Association (IOGA) has an opening for a par-time, 20 hours per month association coordinator position.The IOGA Coordinator is the lead staff person of the Illinois Organic Growers Association and will report to the IOGA Governing Board, Administrative Committee … Continue reading
The Fund for the Public Interest is a national non-profit organization that works to build support for progressive organizations across the country. We run campaigns for USPIRG, Environment America, the Human Rights Campaign, and Fair Share Alliance. This summer, we … Continue reading